This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
This slow cooker beef stew for two is the perfect dinner when you want delicious comfort food. Basically, you take an old-school recipe and adapt it for the slow cooker.
Of course, you also need to decrease the amount of each ingredient, unless you want a boatload of leftovers.
When you cook a meal for two in a slow cooker, make sure you have the right tools, like a small slow cooker. You can get this little Crock Pot from Amazon.
Crock Pot makes slow cookers in a wide range of sizes. You can also find quite a few slow cookers made by other manufacturers.
I’ve always appreciated one-pot meal recipes because they’re so simple and easy to clean up afterward. My husband enjoys them since he likes the traditional ingredients I put in them.
Back in the day when we both worked in offices, we enjoyed coming home to the wonderful aroma. Another meal for two we enjoy is this Crock Pot chicken stew.
Of course, you need to start out with beef cut into bite-size pieces. You’ll also need something for the broth and some vegetables. I use beef broth that I thicken with cornstarch when I cook beef stew in a slow cooker.
But you can add flour to the broth if you’re able to eat gluten. For even more flavor, add a little bit of ketchup, salt, and pepper.
I always use whatever vegetables I have on hand. For this batch, I added baby carrots, zucchini, and potatoes.
Other good veggies for beef stew include green beans, yellow squash, onions, celery, and cauliflower.
How to Make Slow Cooker Beef Stew
This recipe is so easy you can do it with one eye close and one hand behind your back. But maybe you’d better use both hands so you don’t cut yourself when you’re chopping the potatoes.
I used to brown the meat, until I forgot one time and discovered that I couldn’t tell the difference. So I stopped doing that in order to save a step.
I basically just toss all of the meat and veggies into the slow cooker. Then I mix the broth, cornstarch, and ketchup before pouring it into the pot. Put the lid on top, turn it on, and you’ll have dinner in a few hours.
What Goes with Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Although you don’t need anything else with this meal, there are quite a few things you can add. I like to serve the stew over rice or noodles, but sometimes I don’t.
Sometimes I’ll make this tomato cucumber salad to go with it. My husband enjoys having crusty bread with butter. It all depends on how hungry you are.
Since this is such a filling meal, you may want to serve a light dessert afterward. One of our favorites is this pineapple upside down cake that takes less than half an hour to make.
Another dessert you might like is this delicious berry icebox cake from my friend Julie’s blog Back to My Southern Roots. Everything she makes is good.
- 3/4 pound of stew meat or any beef cut into bite-size cubes
- 1-1/2 cup of potatoes cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 zucchini cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup of baby carrots
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray the inside of a small slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dump the stew meat, potato pieces, zucchini, and carrots into the pot.
- Pour 2 cups of beef broth into the pot.
- Cook on high for 1 hour. Turn it down to low and cook for another hour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 1 cup of beef broth, cornstarch, and ketchup until all of the cornstarch is dissolved. Pour into the pot and stir.
- Cook for another 4 hours on low. Serve with rice or noodles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 Pcs Soup Ladle Colander, Metallic Frosting Flatware Cookware Serving Long Handle Steel Slotted Spoon Cooking Utensil Set for Hotpot
- Corelle Coordinates Corelle Livingware Super Soup/Cereal Bowl, 28 oz, Winter Frost White, Set of 3
- The Pioneer Woman 1.5 Quart Vintage Floral Slow Cooker Crock Pot Cooking Pot, model #33016 by Hamilton Beach
- Crock Pot 2-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker, Polka Dot Pattern (SCR250-POLKA)
Amount Per Serving Calories 725Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 205mgSodium 2232mgCarbohydrates 60gFiber 6gSugar 17gProtein 76g