This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
The shrimp cocktail salad turns an old favorite from 50 years ago into something new and fresh that you’ll be proud to serve to family and guests. All you need are a salad bowls, a mixing bowl, and some food staples you should keep in your kitchen.
Pick up some super cheap (3 or 4 for a dollar) custard cups from a dollar store to add a finishing touch to this salad. Once you have them, you’ll find quite a few more uses for these pieces in the future.
I always make sure I have some items that are super handy, easy to thaw, and keep me from having to fret over not having the ingredients I need. Above all, I always have something on hand when I need to throw something together for dinner.
Shrimp Cocktail Salad You Can Make in a Flash
I make shrimp salad several different ways, and the shrimp cocktail salad is the easiest one in my repertoire. It is not only quick but it is also delicious.
It requires no cooking. You assemble it in a matter of minutes. Serve it with a side of crusty bread and butter or a plate of cheese and your favorite crackers.
First, start with fully cooked shrimp.
Then add some cocktail sauce. Most store-bought sauce is good, regardless of the brand.
After that, stir the sauce into the shrimp until all of them are coated.
The cocktail sauce is all you need on the shrimp, although the Tabasco sauce makes it even better.
Since this is a salad, you’ll need some veggies. Besides, they add texture and crunch to the meal.
Let each person add dressing to the greens. A good one is this lemon garlic salad dressing, or you can use dressing from a bottle.
Easy-to-Make Nutritious Meal
Finally, place the shrimp cocktail into the center of the salad ring. If you don’t have custard cups, you can carefully scoop the shrimp cocktail mixture into the center.
Remember that if you have the right ingredients on hand, dinner can be super quick, easy, budget-friendly, and nutritious! Although this shrimp cocktail salad can be served at any time, it is one of our favorite holiday meals.
- 2 cups cooked small shrimp
- 1/2 cup cocktail sauce (the red one)
- Dash of Tabasco (optional)
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons salad dressing (whatever kind you like)
- 1 avocado cut into 8 slices lengthwise (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine shrimp and cocktail sauce. If you like extra spicy food, add Tabasco. Stir until all of the shrimp are coated.
- Divide salad greens into two equal portions and arrange them in a ring on salad plates or large, shallow bowls.
- Place the halved tomatoes evenly on top of the greens.
- Drizzle salad dressing over the salad.
- If you like avocado, place the slices on the side of the salad.
Serving Size1/2 of ingredients
Amount Per Serving Calories 540Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 314mgSodium 2288mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 9gSugar 16gProtein 38g