Zucchini pizza bites are delicious as a snack, appetizer, or small meal. They’re super easy to make and only require a few ingredients that you might have on hand.
Easy and Nutritious Snacks
Even though many of us grew up thinking we needed 3 square meals (whatever that means) per day, snacking is a fact of life. At least it is for most people.
I can’t imagine never having something between meals. Sometimes it’s chocolate, but other times I choose something that is good for me but still yummy.
These zucchini pizza bites pack quite a bit of nutrition, and they’re super easy to make. So there’s really no excuse to be hungry when you’re watching what you eat.
Zucchini Pizza Bites Ingredients
As I mentioned, you only need a few ingredients to make these tasty little snacks. We typically keep most of the ingredients on hand.
Here are the things you’ll need:
- 1 medium zucchini (or a couple of small ones)
- 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce (or more if you want a stronger tomato flavor)
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (or mix cheddar or parmesan with some mozzarella to equal 1/2 cup)
- 16 slices of black olive
- 4 slices of pepperoni, each cut in half to make 8 (or chop it into smaller pieces)
The only one of those ingredients we don’t always have is the zucchini.
However, I like recipes that call for it, so I try to pick up a few from the produce section when I go grocery shopping.
How to Make Zucchini Pizza Bites
First, preheat oven broiler. Then, place the rack as close as possible to the heat (top element in the oven). I usually have it about 6 inches from the element.
Next, cut off the ends of the zucchini and slice it diagonally into 1/4” slices.
You should get approximately 8 slices from each zucchini.
Place the zucchini slices on a baking sheet.
It’s okay if they’re touching.
Spoon a small amount of the marinara sauce over each of the zucchini slices.
If you want more sauce than the recipe calls for, you can add it now or drizzle some over the cheese.
Now, sprinkle the shredded cheese over the zucchini slices.
You can add more if you like.
Top each zucchini slice with 1/2 slice of pepperoni.
Vegetarians can use a pepperoni substitute or simply leave it off.
Place 2 pieces of black olive on each slice of zucchini.
If you don’t care for olives, you can use mushrooms or skip this step.
Finally, place the pan in the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Serve these scrumptious pizza bites hot.
If you’re cooking for a large crowd, double or triple the recipe. Don’t be surprised when they disappear quickly.
More Zucchini Recipes
Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables because it is so versatile. You can make it the star of the meal or incorporate it into a casserole or sauce.
Here are some more zucchini recipes that we enjoy:
- Garlic Zucchini Parmesan – This is a delicious side dish that goes with beef, pork, chicken, or fish.
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries – You’ll love this fun snack that’s crispy, yummy, and so good for you.
- Italian Chicken Zucchini Casserole – The complexity of flavors makes this delicious dish taste like you’ve been cooking all day, even though it only takes a few minutes to assemble.
- Cheesy Zucchini Ham Bake – This one-pan meal is a crowd pleaser, and it’s filling, even for the hungriest of family members.
- Zucchini Pasta Sauce – This is one of those times when the zucchini gets to star in its own show. You’ll love the fact that this nutritious dish tastes so good.
- Apple Zucchini Bread – My friend Miz Helen makes this amazingly delicious bread that is packed with good-for-you ingredients.
Some of My Other Favorite Recipes
- Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken – You’ll be delighted by the perfect balance of flavors in every bite, and your family will ask for it over and over again.
- Butterscotch Pecan Cookies – It wouldn’t be right to leave out dessert. These cookies are so easy to make with cake mix and a few other ingredients. You’ll want to make them often.
- 2-Ingredient Apple Cake – Keep these ingredients in the pantry for those times when you need something sweet. This is perfect for when you don’t have much time.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 slices of black olive
- 4 slices of pepperoni, each cut in half to make 8
- Preheat oven broiler. Place the rack as close as possible to the heat (top element in the oven). I usually have it about 6 inches from the element.
- Cut off the ends of the zucchini and slice it diagonally into 1/4” slices. You should get approximately 8 slices from each zucchini.
- Place the zucchini slices on a baking sheet.
- Spoon a small amount of the marinara sauce over each of the zucchini slices.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the zucchini slices. You can add more if you like.
- Place 2 pieces of black olive on each slice of zucchini.
- Top each zucchini slice with 1/2 slice of a slice of pepperoni.
- Finally, place the pan in the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Feel free to substitute any type of cheese that melts.
You may also use mushrooms, onions, or bell peppers instead of black olives.
Amount Per Serving Calories 73Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 9mgSodium 254mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 4g
The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. I try to provide true and accurate information, but these numbers are estimates.