Family Favorite Tater Tots with Cheese
This creamy cheesy Tater Tot casserole is a side dish your family will ask you to make over and over. Make sure you have enough for seconds!
After all, who doesn’t like Tater Tots? And cheese? And bacon?
This is basically a loaded Tater Tot dish that’s even better than a baked potato with all the goodies added.
Why? Because everything is baked together so the flavors meld and become one.
Although I used a generic version of Tater Tots, I often use the name brand when they’re on sale. It doesn’t matter which you use because they’re all good.
This casserole is a delicious side with any beef, chicken, pork, or fish dish. This time we had it with these scrumptious Buffalo wings.
Another food to serve this with is this amazing pork tenderloin. Your taste buds will be so happy with the combination!
Creamy Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole Ingredients
You probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry. Of course, the main thing you’ll need is a pack of frozen Tater Tots.
Other ingredients you’ll need include cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk, butter, garlic powder, and onion powder.
For the topping, you’ll use shredded cheese, crushed potato chips, and bacon bits. Is your mouth watering yet?
For exact measurements of each ingredient and full directions, go to the recipe card at the bottom of the page. You can even print out the card by using the “print” button.
How to Make a Creamy Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole
After you preheat your oven and spray your casserole dish with nonstick spray, it’s time to combine the ingredients.
First, combine the soup, sour cream, milk, butter, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir until well mixed.
Carefully fold in the frozen Tater Tots until they are all coated.
Next, pour them into your casserole dish and spread them out as evenly as possible. Even if you don’t add anything else, this will still be delicious.
But wait! There’s more!
Next, sprinkle the shredded cheese over the mixture. Even if you stop here, it will be delicious. But keep going!
After the cheese, sprinkle the crushed potato chips for more flavor and texture. Now you probably think it’s as good as it can get. But there’s one more thing!
Finally, top off your casserole with bacon bits. As you can probably imagine, this is going to be one of the most delicious things you’ve ever tasted!
Sometimes I cook bacon and crumble it up. However, I just happened to have some leftover bacon bits that I needed to use.
Bake this casserole for half an hour and serve it with any meat and vegetable or this yummy Greek olive and feta salad. Trust me when I say people will want seconds of everything.
Ever since I found out I had to be gluten-free, I’ve searched for a recipe for fried chicken that I liked. These oven-fried chicken strips turned out to be so good I didn’t have to look any more.
To top off the meal and make it as special as it can get, make this delicious very berry no-bake cheesecake.
Or you can make these apple pie pinwheels from Julia’s Simply Southern. I plan to try these as soon as I figure out a way to make them gluten-free. They look amazing!
- 1/2 of a 32-oz. package of frozen Tater Tots
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of milk (whatever kind you have on hand)
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup of crushed plain potato chips
- 1/4 cup of bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray the bottom of a 7” x 11” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, melted butter, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Fold in the Tater Tots and stir until they are all coated with the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese, potato chips, and bacon bits over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Silicone Cooking Utensils Kitchen Utensil Set - 11 Pieces Natural Wooden Handles Cooking Tools Turner Tongs Spatula Spoon for Nonstick Cookware - Best Kitchen Tools (BPA Free, Non Toxic)
- Trudeau Melamine Mixing Bowls, Set of 3
- Pyrex Basics Clear Glass Baking Dishes - 2 Piece Value-Plus Pack - 1 Each: 3 Quart Oblong, 2 Quart Square
Amount Per Serving Calories 415Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 45mgSodium 1001mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 10g
The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. I try to provide true and accurate information, but these numbers are estimates.