This cheesy sausage potato bake is a super easy family dinner that tastes wonderful. In fact, it’s so good it’s hard to resist going back for seconds.
I’m always looking for ways to save time in the kitchen. I had these ingredients in the fridge, so I decided to put them together.
One-pan dinners are always good because you only have one pan to clean. Since I use foil to cover the pan, cleanup is super fast.
Balance has always been a key element when I cook meals for my husband and me. I formed this habit many years ago.
That’s why I always find a way to include a vegetable in our meals. I used broccoli, but green beans or Brussels sprouts would be just as good.
According to Health.com, broccoli is packed with nutrients, including vitamins A, B6, B12, C, magnesium, selenium, and many more.
When our daughters still lived at home, I made sure they got protein and veggies. Now that they’re grown and have their own households, I continue to cook the same way.
The big difference now is that we have leftovers. I rarely have to create something new for lunch because we usually have last night’s dinner in the refrigerator.
Cheesy Sausage Potato Bake Ingredients
Since I used items I had on hand, you can do that too. I used smoked turkey sausage, but you can use whatever kind of sausage you prefer.
Other ingredients include frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, olive oil, broccoli, cheddar cheese, seasoned salt, and pepper. If you have another vegetable, use that in place of the broccoli.
You can also use a different type of cheese. Cheddar is what I have on hand now, so that’s what I sprinkled the ingredients.
For exact measurements of each ingredient and full directions, go to the recipe card at the bottom of the page. You can even print out the card by using the “print” button.
How to Make a Cheesy Sausage Potato Bake
After you preheat the oven and spray the pan with nonstick spray, mix the potatoes with olive oil.
Add the seasoned salt and pepper and spread the potatoes on a pan.
While the potatoes are cooking, cut the smoked sausage into bite-size pieces.
Next, pull the potatoes from the oven and scatter the smoked sausage and broccoli florets around the pan. Put the pan back in the oven and continue to bake until everything is done.
Finally, remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the cheese on top of everything. Return it to the oven and bake until the cheese melts.
More Delicious Recipes
- One 13-ounce package of smoked sausage (turkey, beef, or pork)
- 2 cups of frozen hash brown potatoes (cubed, not shredded)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1-1/2 cup of frozen broccoli florets (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a foil-covered sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the frozen hash brown potatoes with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the mixture over the sheet pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, cut the smoked sausage into bite-size pieces.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and turn them over.
- Scatter the sausage pieces and broccoli florets evenly around the potatoes.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top. Return it to the oven and bake until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
You may substitute any vegetable for the broccoli.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 557Total Fat 45gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 30gCholesterol 47mgSodium 1146mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 13g
The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. I try to provide true and accurate information, but these numbers are estimates.