This delicious 2-ingredient apple cake couldn’t be any easier. All you have to do is combine a couple of ingredients and pop it into the oven.
Quick and Easy Apple Cake Recipe
Then when it’s done, serve it warm. It is so good!
We really enjoy it after having this chili con carne because it offers the sweet balance to the spiciness.
I know that a lot of people make 2 or 3-ingredient cakes. One of the differences with mine is that I use gluten-free cake mix.
However, if you don’t have an issue with gluten, I highly recommend using a regular cake mix. It’s much less expensive than the gluten-free versions.
2-Ingredient Apple Cake for the Win
If you’re looking for something super easy, then you need to try this cake recipe.
For one thing, you only need a couple of ingredients that you may already have in your pantry.
Another thing is if you have last-minute guests, this is the perfect snack to serve.
Whether they call in advance or show up on your doorstep unannounced, you can excuse yourself for 5 minutes.
Then go into the kitchen and whip this up. Since it takes practically no time to make, no one will know what you’re doing unless you tell them.
As it bakes, you’ll enjoy the aroma of apples wafting through your house. Your guests will think you’re the most brilliant host ever.
What You Need for a 2-Ingredients Apple Cake
The only things you need to make this cake are cake mix and apple pie filling.
You can also add cinnamon and frost it with cream cheese frosting. Or if you don’t have cream cheese frosting, you can top it with ice cream or whipped cream.
How to Make a 2-Ingredient Apple Cake
Combine a yellow cake mix with a couple of cans of apple pie filling. Mix it well.
Pour the mixture into a greased pan, smooth it out, and bake it until it’s done.
I added cinnamon to the mixture before baking it, but it’s not necessary. I also topped it with cream cheese frosting after it cooled.
However, it’s delicious any way you eat it. You can serve it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Or you can serve it as-is. It’s certainly moist and delicious enough to stand alone.
If you decide to frost the cake, use either canned frosting or this insanely delicious cream cheese frosting from the Back to My Southern Roots blog.
I’ve found that all of the recipes from Back to My Southern Roots wonderful. It’s my friend Julie’s blog, and she is as much of a foodie as I am.
More Delicious Recipes
Another wonderful treat is this 3-ingredient chocolate cake. It’s flourless so you can serve it to anyone wanting to avoid gluten. And it’s also easy to make.
Don’t forget to add other options to the dessert table. Your family and guests will love this luscious lemon meringue pie.
Of course, you can’t live on cake and pie alone. That’s why you need to try this delicious Mediterranean salad. It’s the perfect complete meal to eat before you enjoy dessert.
Or make one of these 5 delicious soups. All of them are easy, so you don’t have to spend all day in the kitchen.
Serve the salad or soup with this cheesy garlic bread from Julia’s Simply Southern. I’ve been one of Julia’s fans for a long time, and I know that she won’t let you down.
- 1 yellow cake mix (regular or gluten-free)
- 2 cans of apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
- Cream cheese frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the inside of a 9”x13” baking pan or casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and both cans of apple pie filling. Stir until mixed. If you want to add cinnamon, sprinkle the cinnamon over the mixture and stir again.
- Turn the mixture out into the baking pan. Spread it out until it is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Serve warm. This cake is delicious alone, topped with ice cream, or with whipped cream.
If you want to frost this cake, allow it to cool before you spread cream cheese frosting over the top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Pyrex Basics Clear Oblong Glass Baking Dishes - 2 Piece Value-plus Pack Set - 1 Each: 2 Quart, 3 Quart
- Trudeau Melamine Mixing Bowls, Set of 3
- Silicone Cooking Utensils Kitchen Utensil Set - 11 Pieces Natural Wooden Handles Cooking Tools Turner Tongs Spatula Spoon for Nonstick Cookware - Best Kitchen Tools (BPA Free, Non Toxic)
Amount Per Serving Calories 206Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 339mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 1gSugar 27gProtein 2g
The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. I try to provide true and accurate information, but these numbers are estimates.