These oven-fried onion potatoes provide a tremendous amount of flavor. So they’re the ideal side for any simple meat dish.
As someone who loves to cook but not stand in the kitchen too long, I use shortcuts whenever I can. That’s the reason I keep packets of onion soup mix on hand.
Oven-Fried Onion Potatoes Ingredients
You don’t need many ingredients to make these scrumptious fries. In fact, you only need three things: a package of frozen fries, vegetable oil, and onion soup mix.
The first time I made these, I used olive oil. It was okay, but olive oil has a low burning point, and they didn’t turn out like I wanted.
So I recommend using another type of oil. We just happened to have canola oil.
For exact measurements of each ingredient and full directions, go to the recipe card at the bottom of the page. You can even print out the card by using the “print” button.
How to Make Oven-Fried Onion Potatoes
These fries are so easy to make you’ll feel like you’re missing a step. But trust me when I say it truly is a very simple process.
Preheat your oven to 425 and spray your baking sheet with nonstick spray. You can skip this step, but if any of the potatoes are missing oil, they’ll stick.
Next, put the frozen fries in a large mixing bowl. If any of them are stuck together, break them apart.
Pour the oil over the fries and then sprinkle the soup mix over them. Toss them around the bowl until all of them are covered with the soup mix.
Finally, pour the fries onto the baking sheet and spread them out into a single layer.
Put them in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until they are golden brown. If you use a thinner style of fries, follow the instructions on the package.
If you enjoy chicken as much as we do, you’ll love these delicious oven-baked Buffalo wings. They’re easy to make and so delicious!
Another scrumptious dish is this Parmesan pesto tilapia. Even people who don’t love fish will like this one.
For dessert, make this heavenly 2-ingredient peach cake. Anyone who likes peach flavored anything will love this one!
Or if you prefer something with chocolate, try my friend Julie’s chocolate lasagna from her Back to My Southern Roots blog.
- One 24-ounce package of frozen fries
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable cooking oil
- 1 package of onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray the bottom of a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the fries, cooking oil, and entire package of onion soup mix. Stir until all of the fries are coated.
- Pour the fries out into a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot.
If you use a thinner cut of fries, follow the time listed on the package.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Silicone Cooking Utensils Kitchen Utensil Set - 11 Pieces Natural Wooden Handles Cooking Tools Turner Tongs Spatula Spoon for Nonstick Cookware - Best Kitchen Tools (BPA Free, Non Toxic)
- Trudeau Melamine Mixing Bowls, Set of 3
- Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Cookie Baking Sheets Set, 2-Piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 284Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 0mgSodium 254mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 3gSugar 0gProtein 3g
The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. I try to provide true and accurate information, but these numbers are estimates.