These honey-glazed chicken legs are delicious. I purchased this chicken when it went on sale for a price I couldn’t resist.
So when I got home, I thought about what to do with it.
One of my readers asked me several months ago if I’d ever made honey-glazed chicken. So I thought that might be a good way to cook these drumsticks.
My husband gets tired of some of the same old chicken recipes. For that reason, I started mixing ingredients for a honey-glaze sauce that I let him taste test.
As soon as I came up with something he approved of, I had my recipe.
I can’t argue when he asks me what kind of chicken we’re having for supper. After all, it is probably my favorite meat.
However, like everyone else, I’ve gotten stuck in a rut with certain cuts of chicken, like legs and thighs.
I have dozens of recipes for chicken breasts and even more for rotisserie chicken I get from Costco, such as this super easy one-pan chicken dinner.
Another favorite chicken recipe is this delicious Crock Pot chicken stew. I’ve added all sorts of coatings and sauces to create unique flavors.
It’s a totally different story with legs since I don’t buy them often. In fact, my standard way of cooking chicken legs is to coat them with gluten-free panko or breadcrumbs and bake them in the oven. But I figured it was time to make something a little different.
Health Benefits of Chicken
According to Organic Facts, chicken is very good for you. It contains quite a bit of protein, vitamin B-12, and many other nutrients you need to stay healthy.
Ingredients for Honey-Glazed Chicken Legs
The glaze is for a dozen chicken legs. If you get a smaller pack, decrease the amount of each ingredient.
For the glaze, I used ketchup, honey, soy sauce, mustard, onion powder, and garlic powder. I’ve listed the exact measurements in the recipe card below.
How to Make the Honey-Glazed Chicken Legs
Mix all of the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl. Next, place the chicken legs on a pan in a single layer. It’s best if the legs don’t touch each other.
Spoon or brush the glaze mixture over the chicken. Bake until they are done.
Turn up the oven and turn over the chicken. Finally, return the chicken to the oven and bake a little longer, until the top of the chicken turns a deep, rich, gooey, reddish brown.
More Chicken Recipes and Desserts
If you like chicken, you’ll enjoy some of these recipes:
- Teriyaki chicken and broccoli – This is the perfect family dinner to make when you’re pressed for time. It’s especially easy when you use leftover or rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
- Homemade Chicken and Rice Soup – Chicken soup is the ultimate comfort food. For that reason, I make it often during the fall and winter.
- Crock Pot Ranch Chicken Dinner – This is, without a doubt, one of the most flavorful chicken dishes I make.
For dessert after any chicken dinner, try one of these recipes:
- Pineapple upside down cake – Surprisingly, making it in the rice cooker keeps it moist.
- Granola fruit crisp – This easy-to-make dessert tastes great topped with either ice cream or whipped cream.
- Butterscotch pecan cookies – If you like cookies, you’ll love these delicious treats.
- 12 chicken legs
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken on the pan in a single layer.
- In a medium-size bowl mix the ketchup, honey, soy sauce, mustard, onion powder, and garlic powder to make the sauce.
- Spoon the sauce evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn all of the chicken legs over.
- Turn the oven up to 425 degrees. Return the chicken to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice or potatoes and a vegetable.
If you'd like to add a spicy kick to your honey-glazed chicken legs, sprinkle a little cayenne pepper over them before you bake them.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1056Total Fat 46gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 655mgSodium 1220mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 0gSugar 26gProtein 125g
The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. I try to provide true and accurate information, but these numbers are estimates.