Broccoli slaw is one of the easiest salads you can make. It’s also delicious and nutritious.
Easy and Versatile Broccoli Salad
I’ve made it a bunch of different ways, but this is my favorite. It’s packed with a boatload of flavor and texture because it has nuts and dried fruit.
How can you go wrong with that, right?
Broccoli Slaw Ingredients
You’ll need shredded broccoli, chopped broccoli, and shredded carrots for the salad part of the slaw.
Other things you’ll need are mayonnaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, and honey.
Although I put the amount of honey in the recipe card at the bottom, you can put in more or less if you want. You can also swap out the honey and use whatever sweetener you have on hand.
For more crunch, texture, and flavor, I added pecan halves and raisins. You can also add other nuts, seeds, and dried fruit.
For exact measurements of each ingredient and full directions, go to the recipe card at the bottom of the page. You can even print out the card by using the “print” button.
How to Make Broccoli Slaw
First, in a large mixing bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients. Stir until well mixed.
Next, add the shredded broccoli, chopped broccoli, carrots, raisins, pecans, and other ingredients you choose to include.
Pour the broccoli slaw into a serving bowl, cover it, and put it in the refrigerator. I like to leave it for a few hours before serving it so the flavors can meld.
What to Serve with Broccoli Slaw
This delicious salad or side dish goes with so many things, so the list could go on for days. However, I’ll just list a few to give you some ideas.
We enjoy this broccoli slaw with these delicious and creamy ranch pork chops. The tartness of the dressing provides balance to the creaminess of the meat gravy.
It’s also good with this delicious pork tenderloin. The flavor combinations are so perfect together!
Another dish you’ll enjoy having this broccoli slaw with is this Parmesan pesto tilapia. In fact, you can’t get any more perfect than this pairing.
Serve any of these combinations with this beer bread from Back to My Southern Roots.
If you like trying new recipes, check out some of these delicious dessert treats:
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Chaffles – This is both delicious and light as well as the perfect ending to any meal.
- 2-Ingredient Lemon Cake – Here’s another light and tasty treat you’ll love!
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake – This is basically the easiest of all desserts I make.
- One 16-ounce bag of shredded broccoli
- 1 cup of chopped raw broccoli
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup of pecan halves
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 2/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey (more if you like it sweeter)
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, and honey. Stir until well mixed.
- Add the shredded broccoli, raw broccoli, shredded carrots, pecan halves, raisins, and anything else you want to add.
- Stir all of the ingredients until all of the broccoli and carrots are coated.
- Cover the slaw and put it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
You can add whatever you want. Some other ideas include dried cranberries, seeds, and a variety of nuts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 323Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 10mgSodium 209mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 4gSugar 16gProtein 4g
The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. I try to provide true and accurate information, but these numbers are estimates.