This delicious peach fluff dessert salad hits so many high notes as it delights your taste buds. The combination of fruity goodness blends with the smooth, peachy pudding texture. If you enjoy anything peach flavored, you’ll love this dish.
I would love for you to read this entire post. However, if you’re in a huge hurry, you can click on the jump-to-recipe button directly beneath the title. That will take you to the top of the recipe card at the bottom.
Peach Fluff Salad or Dessert?
I’ve heard this delicious sweet treat called peach salad all my life. But really, is it a salad?
I vote no. It’s dessert. But that’s okay because it’s delicious either way.
The first time I had it, I couldn’t get enough. Then after I figured out why I enjoyed it so much. It has a lot of wonderful ingredients that give it such a delightful taste and texture.
I think that if you’re a peach lover, this is likely to become one of your favorite desserts. Another one you might like is this peach cake.
All of the ingredients in this delicious dessert are easy to find at any grocery store. Here is what you’ll need:
- Cans of sliced peaches
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Container of thawed whipped topping
- Mini marshmallows
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
- Maraschino cherries (optional for garnish)
I just added maraschino cherries to the top. But if you want more crunch, sprinkle a few more nuts over it.
You’ll find the measurements and full directions for this delicious recipe in the recipe card below.
How to Make Peach Fluff Dessert Salad
This is such an easy dish to make, and people really like it. So gather the ingredients and make some for your next get-together with friends or family.
First, drain one can of peaches. Put the peaches in a large bowl.
Next, open the other can and pour the entire contents, peaches and liquid into the bowl with the drained peaches.
You’ll need some of the juice to mix with the pudding.
Pour the dry pudding mix into the bowl with the peaches and stir until it’s well mixed.
Now add the thawed whipped topping.
Gently fold it into the peaches and pudding mixture.
Add the marshmallows and chopped nuts. Stir until they are evenly distributed.
Chill for 2 to 3 hours. Top with maraschino cherries and serve cold.
Extra Tips for a Successful Peach Fluff Salad
This dessert salad is super easy to make. Here are some extra tips to ensure that everyone will love it:
- Use pre-sliced peaches. If you purchase peach halves, you’ll spend more time than necessary in the kitchen.
- Only use the juice from one can of peaches. If you use both of them, the results will be watery.
- Make sure to use mini marshmallows instead of regular sized marshmallows.
- Add crunchy nuts to add more texture.
- Be very careful when folding the whipped topping into the pudding and peach mixture and don’t stir too long. You don’t want the airy topping to go flat.
- Be sure to chill the peach fluff salad before serving. It tastes better cold.
- In order to make it visually appealing, add maraschino cherries to the top.
More Fruity Desserts You’ll Love
Whether you’re using fresh fruit, frozen, or canned, there are so many different types of desserts you can make. Here are some of our favorites:
Strawberry Dump Cake – All I can say about this delicious treat is yum. Oh, and I can’t stop at just one serving.
Brownie and Fruit Dessert Pizza – If you like chocolate and you like fruit, this is a no-brainer. And a bonus is that your kids will love helping you make it!
Homemade Banana Pudding – Who can say no to this classic banana pudding from Back to My Southern Roots? I know that I can’t. In fact, I’ll have seconds!
Banana Swirl – Also called “nice cream,” you’ll forget that this dessert is actually good for you!
Pineapple Pie – This no-bake pineapple pie is perfect for those times when you want to take your taste buds on a tropical retreat!
Peach Fluff for the Win!
This is such an easy sweet treat to make, you can enjoy dessert on a busy weeknight or during a holiday dinner. No matter what type of occasion your celebrating, everyone will love this delicious peach fluff dessert salad!
- 2 cans sliced peaches (15-16 ounce cans)
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix (3 to 3-1/2 ounces)
- 1 container Cool Whip (8 ounces), thawed
- 2-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 10-12 maraschino cherries (optional for garnish)
- Drain one can of peaches and put peaches in a bowl. Add the other can of peaches and liquid. You only need the liquid from one can of peaches.
- Add pudding mix to the peaches and liquid liquid in the bowl. Stir well.
- Add Cool Whip and gently fold it into the peach and pudding and peaches mixture.
- Stir in the marshmallows and chopped nuts until they are distributed throughout the mixture.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.
If you want more garnish, sprinkle more chopped nuts over the top. You can also use sprinkles or mini chocolate chips if you want.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 168Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 189mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 2gSugar 26gProtein 1g
The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. I try to provide true and accurate information, but these numbers are estimates.