This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Tex-Mex ranch potatoes give you a burst of flavor that adds excitement to any meal or snack. Whether you’re celebrating, watching your favorite football team, or have them as a side dish, they’re delicious!
Potatoes are delicious, but it’s so easy to get stuck in a rut with mashed, fried, or baked versions. It’s time to try something different!
This dish is definitely different. It’s also packed with a ton of flavor. So you don’t need to add much seasoning to anything else on your plate.
What to Serve with Tex-Mex Ranch Potatoes
These potatoes go with a variety of main dishes. When I made them, I served them with ground beef patties and a side of steamed broccoli.
You can also serve them with roasted chicken, pork chops, fish, or anything else you like. In fact, I could eat them all by themselves.
I used a bag of frozen diced hash brown potatoes that also had peppers and onions. However, you can use the kind without the peppers and onions.
You’ll also need a package of taco seasoning, ranch dressing, bacon crumbles, and cheddar cheese. If you want a little extra color, add some fresh or dried parsley flakes.
For exact measurements of each ingredient and full directions, go to the recipe card at the bottom of the page. You can even print out the card by clicking on the “print” button.
How to Make Tex-Mex Ranch Potatoes
This is such an easy dish to make for a great flavor payoff.
First, combine the taco seasoning, ranch dressing, and half of the cheese in a medium bowl.
Mix well. The ranch adds a zesty flavor, while the taco seasoning provides a touch of heat.
Next, add the potatoes and stir until all of them are well coated.
Pour them into a casserole dish that you’ve sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. I almost always use spray in order to make cleanup easy.
Cover the dish with foil and stick it in a medium-hot oven for 45 minutes. You want the potatoes to cook until they are fork tender.
Remove the potatoes from the oven. Finally, sprinkle the remaining cheese and the bacon crumbles over the top.
Return the dish to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted. Don’t overcook the potatoes, or they’ll dry out.
After you remove the dish from the oven the final time, you may add parsley if you want.
These potatoes are delicious as a side dish or enjoy them on their own.
More Delicious Recipes
Finding flavor is easy. All you have to do is check out some of the recipes here, such as this Greek olive and feta salad.
Another recipe you’ll love is this Italian chicken zucchini casserole. All you’ll need is a side salad and some crusty bread, and you have a fabulous meal.
- 1 bag of frozen diced hash brown potatoes (with or without peppers and onions)
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup of ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup of bacon crumbles
- 2/3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon of parsley flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 7” x 11” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the taco seasoning, ranch dressing, and half of the cheese.
- Add the potatoes to the seasoning mixture and mix until all of the potato pieces are coated.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and remove the foil.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and crumbled bacon over the top.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven. If you want to add parsley flakes, do it now.
- Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 211Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 29mgSodium 571mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 7g