This Crock Pot lasagna is just as good as the traditional version, but it’s so much easier. Simply put the ingredients into the slow cooker, turn it on, and come back a few hours later to a delicious family dinner.
Easy Crock Pot Meals
One of the best investments I’ve made is purchasing a slow cooker as soon as I got out on my own. I’ve been through several, but they last quite a while.
If you’re new to cooking or looking for easier ways to make your favorite dishes, please continue reading. You never know what you might discover.
However, if you want to skip over my tips and details about how to make this lasagna, scroll to the very bottom of this page. You’ll find a printable recipe card with complete instructions.
Even though I cook many meals the traditional way, I generally try to find ways to make them as easy as possible. And since I had a lot to do today, I decided to make this lasagna in the Crock Pot.
A lot of people make lasagna in their slow cookers, so I knew it would turn out okay. But it was better than okay. It was absolutely delicious!
We also enjoy these creamy ranch pork chops. They offer a delightful blend of creaminess and tanginess.
I love chili, especially when I don’t have to hover over it all day. That’s why I make this slow cooker chili con carne.
Slow cookers come in a variety of sizes. I have one that’s big enough to serve a family, one that cooks enough for two, and a couple that are perfect for snacks and sides.
Crock Pot Lasagna Ingredients
The full list of ingredients, measurements, and directions are in a printable recipe card at the end of this post.
I use a pound of ground beef, uncooked lasagna, spaghetti sauce, ricotta, diced onions, diced peppers, mozzarella cheese, an egg, and milk.
Although the spaghetti sauce has the spices you want, you can add even more Italian seasoning.
Other things you can add are mushrooms and olives. If you like more texture, you can also add diced tomatoes.
How to Make Crock Pot Lasagna
The first thing I almost always do when I cook in a Crock Pot is spray the inside of it with nonstick cooking spray.
I figure I’m using this appliance for convenience, so I don’t want to ruin that by having a stuck-on mess later.
Next, brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain the fat.
Then, add the chopped onions and peppers to the ground beef. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
Add the spaghetti sauce and stir. Allow the mixture to simmer while you do the next step.
Combine the beaten egg, milk, and entire container of ricotta.
Mix well and set it aside.
Pour a small amount of the spaghetti me sauce into the bottom of the pot to provide a base for the lasagna.
Next, place a layer of uncooked lasagna over the sauce. The lasagna will absorb the flavors of the sauce as it cooks.
Spread another layer of the sauce over the lasagna.
Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
You can use as much as you want, but I layer it sparingly until I get to the end.
Drop dollops of the ricotta mixture over the top until you use half of it.
It will spread out as it cooks.
Place another layer of lasagna over the ricotta and repeat all of the steps.
The final two layers are the sauce and mozzarella.
Now put the top on the Crock Pot, turn it on low, and cook for 5-6 hours. Or if you’re in a hurry, cook it on high for 2-3 hours.
When it’s done, turn off the Crock Pot and let the lasagna rest for about 5 minutes. This gives you a chance to toss a salad or steam a vegetable.
Now dig in and enjoy!
See this recipe shared at Full Plate Thursday.
Side Dishes and Soups in the Slow Cooker
Don’t limit yourself to main dishes when you use your Crock Pot. You can make so many different sides in it too.
Baked beans are super easy to cook in a Crock Pot. And you can use the pot for serving as well.
This slow cooker Mediterranean beef stew is flavorful and filling! Make this for your family and enjoy all of the compliments!
I like to add more recipes that we’ve enjoyed recently. It’s fun ty try new things.
Here are some of our favorites:
Serve a salad or side dish with this lasagna. One of the salads we enjoy is this Greek olive and feta salad.
We also like this yummy and nutrient-packed broccoli slaw.
Another dessert you’ll enjoy is this 2-ingredient apple cake that I make when I need something quick and easy.
I absolutely adore this fluffy and light pineapple pie! Made with lots of whipped topping, it’s the ideal dessert for any filling meal.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 package of uncooked lasagna
- Two 24-ounce cans of spaghetti sauce
- One 15-ounce container of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup of milk (whatever you have on hand)
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning (optional)
- Spray the bottom of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray to make cleanup easier.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet.
- Add the onions and peppers. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce into the pan and stir. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the beaten egg with the milk and entire container of ricotta cheese. Mix it well.
- Spread a thin layer of meat sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add a layer of uncooked lasagna pieces. They don’t have to be perfect, and they can overlap.
- Cover the lasagna pieces with another layer of spaghetti meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Place dollops of the ricotta mixture over the cheese.
- Put another layer of lasagna pieces over the cheese and ricotta.
- Spread another layer of spaghetti meat sauce.
- Sprinkle another 1/3 of the cheese.
- Place dollops of the ricotta mixture over the cheese.
- Add another layer of spaghetti meat sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- If you want, you can sprinkle some Italian seasoning over the very top.
- Place the lid on your slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- After it’s done, turn off the heat, remove the lid, and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 440Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 119mgSodium 1217mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 4gSugar 12gProtein 32g
The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. I try to provide true and accurate information, but these numbers are estimates.
Anyone who follows a gluten-free diet can enjoy any of these delicious casseroles: Best Gluten-Free Casserole Recipes.