This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
This Crock Pot ranch chicken recipe is quick, easy, and extremely flavorful. I’ve made a lot of chicken dishes in the slow cooker, but this one is now a favorite.
It’s nice to have one-pot or one-pan meals. In fact, some of my other slow cooker chicken dishes include this chicken stew for two and this Mexican chicken and rice bowl. One of my favorite one-pan skillet meals is this teriyaki chicken and broccoli dinner.
When I go places where I have to stand in line for a long time, I sometimes get into a conversation with people.
After all, we’ve crossed paths in several aisles, so I can’t say we’re strangers. In fact, I’ve met some nice people in grocery store aisles.
A super sweet woman who asked my opinion about something on one of the aisles told me about using ranch-dressing mix with chicken.
It sounded wonderful, so I figured I might as well try it. Fortunately, even if it weren’t wonderful, my husband and I would still eat it.
Original vs. My Version of the Crock Pot Ranch Chicken
The woman said she just puts chicken in the crock pot over some Tater Tots, adds a little bit of broth, some cheese, and the ranch mix.
That does sound good, but I’m not one to follow a recipe exactly how it’s written or how I’m told.
Although I knew this would turn out, I like to downplay it to my husband—just in case. So I told him I was experimenting with dinner.
And true to form, he agreed to eat whatever we wound up with because I didn’t have a backup. I’m thankful he’s so agreeable when it comes to food. But then again, he was extremely hungry, which makes him easy to please.
Since I didn’t have any Tater Tots (which would be just as yummy), I used some regular potatoes. I added carrots because I wanted this to be a one-pot meal.
With the potatoes, I figured it would be good to add something thicker than broth, hence the cream of chicken soup.
You can add any kind of potatoes. Since we had regular baking potatoes in the pantry, I used them.
Yukon gold or small red potatoes would also be delicious. And of course, so would the original Tater Tots. I might try that next time.
As for the soup, I used some gluten-free cream of chicken soup I found at Walmart. Other soups that would be good are cream of mushroom or cream of celery.
I added a little bit of milk to thin it out a tad. I decided not to add cheese because we’d had some earlier.
Season it with whatever flavor you want. I used Italian seasoning. Of course, since this is called ranch chicken, you’ll need to add a packet of ranch dressing mix.
How to Make Crock Pot Ranch Chicken
Making Crock Pot ranch chicken is almost too easy. Since I was cooking for two, I used one of my smaller slow cookers. However, if you’re cooking for four or more, use the medium-size one.
I like to make cleanup easy, so I always spray the bottom of the Crock Pot with cooking spray. Add the chicken and carrots.
Next, cut up the potatoes and put them in the pot.
Finally, mix the soup with the milk and Italian seasoning. Pour the mixture over the chicken, carrots, and potatoes.
Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix over the top. Put the lid on it and cook it until it’s done.
That’s it! Enjoy your delicious ranch chicken dinner!
More Delicious Recipes
- 3/4 pound of boneless, skinless chicken (breasts or thighs)
- 1 large potato cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup of baby carrots
- 1 can of cream soup (cream of chicken, mushroom, or celery)
- 1/2 cup of milk (regular or unflavored almond milk)
- 1 packet of ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- Parsley flakes (optional)
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer the chicken, carrots, and potato over the chicken in the bottom of the pot.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the contents of the slow cooker pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.
- Scoop into bowls. You may garnish with parsley flakes to add color and texture.
If you want to make this dish for four or more people, double everything in the recipe except the ranch dressing mix. For six or more people, use another pack of mix.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Corelle Winter Frost White 20-Ounce Bowl Set (6-Piece)
- Home Hero 11 Silicone Cooking Utensils Kitchen Utensil Set - Stainless Steel Silicone Kitchen Utensils Set - Silicone Utensil Set Spatula Set - Silicone Utensils Cooking Utensil Set - Kitchen Tools
- Crock-Pot SCR300-SS 3-Quart Manual Slow Cooker, Silver
Amount Per Serving Calories 694 Total Fat 23g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 13g Cholesterol 169mg Sodium 2422mg Carbohydrates 59g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 6g Sugar 8g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 62g