The best quick desserts are those that are easy to make at a moment’s notice. In fact, these are typically my go-to treats when someone calls and says they’re on their way over.
Choose Your Favorite Easy Dessert
Not only are these desserts quick and easy, but they are also delicious. That’s why I like to stock my pantry with many of the ingredients for these recipes.
Best Quick Regular or Gluten-Free Desserts
Since I have to follow a gluten-free diet, I use ingredients that don’t contain wheat. I have to substitute almond flour, coconut flour, ground psyllium, or an all-purpose gluten-free flour blend.
However, if you don’t have this issue, feel free to use regular flour. It should come out the same, regardless of what type of flour you use.
Other Diet Restrictions
Unless otherwise noted, you can substitute many of the ingredients if you have food allergies. For example, instead of using regular cow’s milk, you can use almost milk.
Quite a few of my recipes include nuts, but you can use seeds in some of the recipes. Sunflower seeds and sunflower butter are both pretty tasty and can be used instead of nuts or peanut butter.
Best Quick Desserts
The best quick desserts are also delicious and super easy to make!
This pineapple upside down cake will come out moist and delicious if you make it in the rice cooker.
You'll love the mix of peanut butter and chocolate in these delicious peanut butter fudge bars!
You can't get any easier than this 2-ingredient lemon cake, and it's so refreshing for dessert or an afternoon snack.
Doctor up your brownie mix to make them taste like gourmet brownies from scratch!
This light and creamy no-bake cheesecake is satisfying and delicious!
Impress everyone at the table with this decadent 2-ingredient apple cake.
These no-bake chocolate eclair squares are delicious and easy to make!
For a twist on the old favorite treat bar, you and your kids will love these peanut butter Cocoa Krispie treats!
So rich and delicious, this cherry chocolate cake will impress and satisfy even the pickiest sweets eaters!
This classic pie is the perfect ending to any meal!
No flour? That's right! These cookies don't have a speck of flour, and they're super delicious!
This is how our mothers and grandmothers made lemon meringue pie!
Everyone will want seconds of this scrumptious caramel apple pizza.
Light and refreshing, this granola fruit crisp is delicious with ice cream or whipped cream.
When you're craving something sweet, these butterscotch pecan cookies will hit the spot just right!
Dinners to Serve Before the Best Quick Desserts
Although it’s often tempting, it’s generally not a good idea to have dessert without eating a nutritious dinner first. At least, that’s what I was taught and passed down to my children.
However, I won’t judge if you choose to have dessert first. After all, who says you can’t put the cart before the horse? You might not get very far, but if that’s what you want, then go for it.
So let’s talk about delicious dinners that you should eat before your dessert. You’ll see a trend of easy cooking, but that’s what I’m all about!
Here are some of my favorites:
- Everything-Bagel Seasoned Chicken – This is perfect for those times when you want a boatload of flavor without too much effort.
- Savory Beef and Rice Casserole – I love making the majority of dinner in one pan. That’s because cleanup is so much easier!
- Crockpot Mississippi Pot Roast – If you’re looking for flavor, you’ll find it with this dish! It’s packed with all kinds of deliciousness!
- Shrimp and Grits – You can’t get any more southern than this dish. And it’s so wonderful you’ll catch yourself craving it often!
- Pesto Chicken – When my friend Julie posted this on her Back to My Southern Roots blog, I knew I had to try it. And I’m certainly glad I did. It’s now one of our favorite dishes!
- Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin – This pork tenderloin packs more flavor than any food has the right to. And it’s super easy, although it tastes like something you spent hours working on.
As you can see, the best quick desserts don’t have to be difficult. If you have kids or grandkids, let them help out! It’s an excellent learning experience and a great way to bond.
Friday 15th of May 2020
I'll take a little of each please. They all look so good.