These Rolo chocolate chip cookie cups are super easy and fun to make. They’re also extremely popular with anyone who enjoys sweet treats.
One of the things we enjoy about them is that they can be decorated to suit the occasion. Whether you make them for a birthday party or special holiday, they’re the perfect treat.
There are so many different types of cookie cups. In fact, you can swap out the Rolo candies in favor of Junior Mints or Mini Reece’s Cups.
Toppings can be whatever you want. Whether you use icing or whipped cream, you can add colorful candies or sprinkles on top. You can also top them with chocolate chips or caramel bits.
Bring these cookies to an exchange, but don’t forget to bring copies of the recipe. Otherwise, you might find yourself taking orders from friends who can’t get enough.
Cookie Exchange Ideas
If you enjoy cookie exchange get-togethers, bring these Rolo chocolate chip cookie cups.
Also bring these delicious gluten-free peanut butter cookies. Anyone who is gluten-intolerant will appreciate them.
My friend Julie has these white chocolate macadamia cookies on her blog Back to My Southern Roots.
Rolo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups Ingredients
You only need two ingredients: Rolo candies and cookie dough. Of course, if you make the cookie dough yourself, there are more ingredients. But since it’s easier to purchase gluten-free dough, that’s what I did.
There are more options than cookies to decorate for the toppings. Keep in mind that if you use whipped cream, do it right before you serve it. Or you might wind up with a flat topping.
How to Make Rolo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
First, after spraying a mini muffin tin, drop balls or cubes of cookie dough into each cup.
Next, bake the cookies for 10 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown.
While the cookies are baking, unwrap 12 of the Rolo candies.
As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press the Rolo candies into the centers. You want to do this while the cookie shells are hot so the candy melts into them.
After they cool, you can add icing and decorate them however you like.
It’s fun to give that special someone a cookie with candy hearts or Red Hot candies on top.
A birthday celebration is more fun when you decorate in the guest of honor’s favorite colors.
Exchange Christmas cookies decorated in red and green. Or you can sprinkle gold or silver candy glitter over the top to make them glisten.
If you’re looking for some wonderful recipes, check out these easy, budget-friendly family dinners.
- 1 package of 12 ready-to-bake chocolate chip cookie dough cubes (regular or gluten-free)
- 12 Rolo candies, unwrapped
- Cookie decorations (icing, whipped cream, sprinkles, colorful candies, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the cups of a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a cookie dough cube in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the edges of the cookie dough is golden brown.
- While the cookie cups are baking, remove the wrappers from 12 Rolo candy pieces.
- After the cookie cups are done, remove them from the oven and press the Rolo pieces into the center of each cookie cup.
- Allow the cookie cups to cool until they reach room temperature.
- After they cool, decorate the way you want.
It’s fun to decorate these cookie cups for holidays, birthdays, and other special occasions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Cookie Baking Sheets Set, 2-Piece
- Di Oro Chef Series 3-Piece Silicone Turner Spatula Set - 600F Heat-Resistant Flexible Rubber Silicone Spatulas - Silicone Cooking Utensil Set - Egg Turners, Pancake Flippers, Kitchen Spatulas
- Wilton Industries Perfect Results Mega Cooling Rack, Black
Amount Per Serving Calories 106Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 2mgSodium 56mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 0gSugar 11gProtein 1g
The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. I try to provide true and accurate information, but these numbers are estimates.