Chocolate chip vanilla cream pie is one of those desserts that might surprise you. In fact, when I first started planning it, I had a different idea.
I originally thought it would have caramel in the center. But when I tasted it, I realized that would have made it way too sweet.
It’s actually plenty sweet as it is. I know dessert is supposed to be sweet, but there is a limit.
Ingredients for a Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cream Pie
You’ll need chocolate cream sandwich cookies and a family size of instant vanilla pudding. Also, you’ll need evaporated milk, regular milk, and chocolate chips.
I have certain rules for my desserts. First of all, they have to have flavors my husband and I both enjoy.
Secondly, they have to be quick and easy to make. After all, if they take too much time, I lose the joy of creating.
And finally, dessert has to go with whatever we’re having for the main part of the meal. For example, after a hearty pot roast meal, a slice of this lemon meringue pie is refreshing.
Tonight we’re having mock Swiss steak for dinner. So I decided to create this chocolate chip pie to go with it.
How to Make a Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cream Pie
First of all, turn the cookies into crumbs. I started out by chopping them with my hamburger chopper. Then, I put them in the NutriBullet. You can also use a regular food processor.
Next, press the cookie crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate.
Then mix your canned milk, regular milk, and pudding mix with a mixer. I prefer to use a hand mixer for this job.
Stir in all but a few of the chocolate chips.
Pour the mixture into the pie crust. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
Finally, refrigerate the pie and give it at least a half hour to set.
Serve the pie with whipped cream or your favorite topping.
For exact measurements of each ingredient and full directions, go to the recipe card at the bottom of the page. You can even print out the card by clicking on the “print” button.
More Recipes You’ll Enjoy
My friend Julie has these molasses ginger snap cookies that are delicious for an after school snack. Or you can enjoy them with coffee when you need a quick pick-me-up.
- One 10-12-oz. package of chocolate cream sandwich cookies
- 1 family size vanilla instant pudding (makes 6 half-cup servings)
- One 12-oz. can of evaporated milk (NOT sweetened condensed milk)
- 1/2 cup of milk (whole, low-fat, skim, or almond milk)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Put all of your cookies into a food processor or NutriBullet to crumble them. I used my ground beef chopper first to make the process faster.
- Press the cookie crumbs into a 9” pie pan to form a crust.
- Mix the evaporated milk, regular milk, and pudding with a hand mixer. Stir in the chocolate chips
- Pour the mixture over the cookie crumb crust. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips over the top.
- Put the pie in the refrigerator until it sets. This typically takes about an hour.
- Serve with whipped cream or your favorite topping.
When you use almond milk or skim milk, the pie will take longer to set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1646Total Fat 91gSaturated Fat 56gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 79mgSodium 330mgCarbohydrates 183gFiber 10gSugar 154gProtein 26g
The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. I try to provide true and accurate information, but these numbers are estimates.