These chocolate cream cheese chaffles are one of the easiest treats you can make, without a doubt. You only need a few ingredients and a waffle maker.
I use the Dash mini waffle maker. It’s super easy to use, and you can make as many or as few chaffles as you want.
Make extras and freeze them. Then toast them later when you’re ready to enjoy them again.
It’s fun to experiment with this cute little Dash device that I picked up in red. It comes in several colors. I’ve made basic chaffles, which are delicious on their own or topped with eggs.
The first time I made the chocolate chaffles for my husband, his expectations were low. But the instant he tried one, he wanted more.
They’re really good!
Chocolate Cream Cheese Chaffles Ingredients
I like to cook with as few ingredients as possible. Make them with cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, an egg, cocoa powder, sweetener, and all-purpose flour.
Since I have to follow a gluten-free diet, I use a gluten-free flour blend. It doesn’t matter whether you use regular or gluten-free flour. They come out basically the same.
You can also use almond flour or coconut flour. The consistency will be a little different, but it will still be delicious.
Feel free to use whatever sweetener you like or use a blend. I’ve used honey, sugar, and stevia.
Monk fruit and Swerve also provide the sweetness that makes this dessert delicious. Remember that some sweeteners are sweeter than others, so adjust the amount according to your taste.
For exact measurements of each ingredient and full directions, go to the recipe card at the bottom of the page. You can even print out the card by using the “print” button.
How to Make Chocolate Cream Cheese Chaffles
These chaffles are so easy to make you’ll probably catch yourself doing it often. That’s fine, but make sure you have enough to share with others.
First, turn on the waffle maker so it can start heating up.
Secondly, beat the egg. Then whisk in the softened cream cheese.
I use a plunger whisk because it’s fun, but you can use a regular one.
Next, stir in the rest of the ingredients until they’re well mixed.
Spray a little bit of nonstick cooking spray on the waffle maker plates.
Then put half of the mixture on the bottom plate. Lower the top and let it cook until it’s done.
The Dash mini waffle maker has an indicator light, so I know it’s done when the light goes off.
Carefully lift the chaffle off the waffle maker and place it on a cooling rack. I use tongs because I don’t want to burn my fingers.
Serve them with whipped cream or ice cream for a delicious snack or dessert.
Some of our recent favorite recipes include this delicious and filling Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast. There are so many different ways to serve it, including with mashed potatoes and a side vegetable.
Another savory food we’ve enjoyed is this homemade cream of tomato soup. It’s delicious with one of the chaffle sandwiches.
When it’s time to quench our thirst, we really like these lemonade smoothies. They have the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite sweetener
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour (regular or gluten-free)
- Turn on the waffle maker so it can heat up while you prepare the batter. Spray the inside with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg.
- Mix in the softened cream cheese with a whisk.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon half of the mixture onto the bottom plate of the waffle maker. Close the lid and cook until the indicator light comes on, letting you know it's done.
- Remove the waffle with tongs and place on a cooling rack.
- Finish cooking the remaining batter.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Keep in mind that some sweeteners are sweeter than others. Adjust the amount according to your taste and desired sweetness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Egg Whisk, 12 Inch Semi-Automatic Egg Beater Stainless Steel Hand Mixers for Blending, Whisking, Beating, Premium Kitchen Utensil
- Trudeau Melamine Mixing Bowls, Set of 3
- OXO 1054627 Good Grips 9-Inch Locking Tongs with Nylon Heads, 9 Inch
- Dash Mini Maker: The Mini Waffle Maker Machine for Individual Waffles, Paninis, Hash browns, & other on the go Breakfast, Lunch, or Snacks - White
Amount Per Serving Calories 196Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 107mgSodium 79mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 1gSugar 18gProtein 6g
The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. I try to provide true and accurate information, but these numbers are estimates.